Here is a great recipe for a refreshing smoothie I make when I am in the mood for a sweet drink. The ingredients have tons of health benefits. The high level of vitamin C in blueberries and pineapples helps your skin maintain a youthful glow and regulates body weight. Fiber and pectin in bananas aid digestion. Kale is low in calories but provides your body with plenty of Vitamin A, C and K to aid with vision, immune system health and bone preservation. If you have 5 minutes to spare, you can not go wrong by making this energizing drink!
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 organic banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- Handful of kale
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or flavor
- 1 tablespoon agave (optional)
- 1 cube of ice (optional)
- Place all ingredients except the ice and agave into a blender (a Magic Bullet or Nutri Bullet also works) and blend until smooth
- For a sweeter and colder smoothie, add in ice and agave and re-blend for a few seconds
This makes around a cup and a quarter.
Enjoy your delicious, nutritious smoothie!